Wednesday, April 3, 2013

It's Just My Cup of Tea



You have been so sweet to encourage me as I begin a new chapter of life, so I wanted to update you on this exciting week. My first day of work with Victoria magazine was Monday. The staff has been so warm and gracious! I arrived to find a lovely arrangement of lilies on my desk, presented in a pale blue ceramic pitcher with a card welcoming me to the staff. Everyone at Hoffman Media is so nice. It is pure pleasure to be in such a creative, inspiring environment! I am easing into work responsibilities and hope to get my first writing assignment this week.


Many of you have asked if I will continue blogging. I enjoy this creative outlet and the connection we share, so I plan to continue posting as much as my schedule allows. Look for a special article and giveaway in my next post!


13 comments:

Gee Singh Newbanks said...

:-) Congratulations on your new venture.
Hugs, Gee

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for me too.

Debbi

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I am so excited for you I can hardly stand it. And I'm glad, too, that you will continue to blog. I love keeping up with you and your family, and you have one of the best blogs on the internet. That being said, I can't wait to read your first magazine article. I know it will be wonderful.

All the best, my friend...

XO,

Sheila

Grammy Staffy said...

What a nice welcome. I think they can tell that they are lucky to have you on their staff. I enjoy your creativity through your blog. I wish you the best of luck.

Ella said...

Wishing you luck in your new job. They were sweet to welcome you with flowers.
I'm glad you will continue to blog as your blog is one of my favorites! I especially love when you post photos of your girls.

Lea Culp said...

Well, I cannot think of a better "fit" than you and Victoria Magazine. All the best!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
I think the staff of Victoria Magazine is very Lucky with you!

Mariel

Valerie said...

Melissa, I am so very excited for you!!! What a blessing you will be to the staff at Victoria and what blessings you will received as they welcome you!

Congratulations,

Valerie

Nancy Hood said...

I am soooo excited for you, Melissa. I understand how difficult it will be now to do all that you do AND work outside the home AND blog, but maybe once in awhile you can share some pics of your work area? And of course your adorable four!! Congratulations again! Nancy

retired12 said...

Congratulations! I love Victoria magazine so I will be looking forward to reading your article. Thank you for your beautiful post!

Carol D. said...

I am a new follower and am so excited to learn of your new position! It's exciting to know that your work will be appreciated by so many.

Nancy Carr said...

Congratulations! Don't forget to add your new job to your "About Me" section.

Kimberly Shaw said...

Melissa,
Congratulations on your marvelous new job! WOW, Victoria is the icing on the cake in Magazines and I can't think of a better person to contribute to all their loveliness.

Thank you for the very generous Give Away post of my greeting cards. I'm overwhelmed by your sweet sentiments. It's been a pleasure getting to know you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin