Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Woodwinds & the Willow



"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year." ~ Charles Dickens



Sunday afternoon we celebrated 12-year-old Christian's first band concert with lunch at our house before the big event.







This occasion seemed the perfect opportunity to use my late mother's Pink Willow china. I inherited her collection when the house she and my father shared recently sold. Mother loved music, so I think she would smile knowing we incorporated her dinnerware into our celebration.







Mother displayed her collection in a china cabinet, but I don't recall her using it for family dinners. I was so surprised to discover that she had 18 place settings! I was delighted to think about all the entertaining possibilities for this lovely transferware pattern.







We used Pink Willow during our lunch, and throughout the holidays I am enjoying the classic vignette this tea set provides.







Stay tuned for a few musical notes from our party. 



"What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace." ~ Agnes M. Pahro

Blog Widget by LinkWithin