Monday, August 31, 2015

Welcoming Fall


This week we have enjoyed a blissful few days of moderate weather -- a tantalizing preview of the lovely autumn days to come. As we look toward September, I am ready to see signs of the new season.





Although my heart lies with the pastel palette of spring, I enjoy exploring burnished shades during this time of year. These eye-catching orange roses add a vibrant touch to the table.





One of the more pleasant tasks on my to-do list is to pull out these shapely fabric pumpkins -- a fun and easy craft I put together last year for my Creative Corner column in Christian Woman. Look for more details on this simple project this week.





In my next post, I will be sharing a festive tablescape that incorporates this classic symbol of fall.





Now that we are in the full swing of school and extra-curricular activities, I am so ready for the delights of fall -- donning boots and scarves to enjoy a bonfire with friends, ladling favorite recipes for chili into pumpkin-shaped soup bowls, and lingering outdoors to admire the changing fall foliage. 





Sweet September, how I have missed you!



"No spring nor summer's beauty hath such grace
As I have seen in one Autumnal face."
~ John Donne


Blog Widget by LinkWithin