This year's collection of favorites is definitely love at first blush. I am smitten with pale pink and look for this ethereal hue in a variety of products. There is something so gracious and soothing about soft pastels during winter -- they are a balm to my romantic heart! Here are a few of my most recent finds.
1. I am still grateful to be working as associate editor of Victoria. Time is short for catching our Jan/Feb issue on the newsstand. In our latest edition of Tea Pleasures, you will find my essay "The Valentine Tea."
2. Soft and billowing, this Karen Kane Cold Shoulder Peasant Top from Belk would be a lovely addition to any wardrobe.
3. Flowers are always tops on my list, and this Faux Pink and White Rose from Joss and Main offers lasting blooms. Artificial stems can rarely compare to fresh, but I find that silk hydrangeas often look very lifelike.
4. L'Occitane en Provence offers natural skincare products and cosmetics inspired by the South of France. I keep a tube of their shea-butter lotion in my desk drawer to keep my winter-weary hands hydrated. Try luxurious Cherry Blossom Hand Cream or Roses et Reines Eau de Toilette.
5. You know I have a great love of china. Not too long ago, I added Pier1's Lacy to my cupboards, and the off-white dinner plates have been a versatile element to use on their own or mix with other more colorful pieces. Although this pattern is no longer available, Joss and Main offers a large selection of tableware -- including many neutral selections.
"Love would never be a promise of a rose garden unless it is showered with light of faith, water of sincerity and air of passion." ~ Author Unknown