Saturday, January 26, 2008

Caught Red-Handed ...



and blue and green and purple and mystery flavor!

I left 1-year-old Emma in the family room watching PBS Wednesday while I finished getting ready to pick up Mary Ashley from school. When I emerged from the bedroom, I realized why Emma was being so quiet ... . She had found a bag of candy left from Christian's school project and had opened all the suckers. She was having a grand time sampling all the flavors.

I did not have time to pick up all the candy before dashing out the door and put it out of my mind once we left the house. When Goldilocks -- I mean Mary Ashley -- came in from school, she put her hands on her hips and exclaimed, "Someone opened up all the suckers and made a big mess!"

Emma came in behind her and was equally mortified to find such a disaster. She put her hands on her hips and -- thinking of her oldest brother still at school -- said with disgust, "Mess! Ca-Ca, big mess!"


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Three plus Me said...

How yummy! You made the best of it with that pretty arrangement!

Kristi said...

I hope the wet suckers weren't "licking" your carpet! After the week we've had, our carpet would be proud to see some sucker juice.

sweeter and the bubbas said...

Oh, how funny!! That sounds like 2 of my kiddos. I love the picture! :-)

Rebecca said...

You know they are up to something when they are being quiet!

Anita McFarland said...

How do you keep track of who does what? I'm sure your life is full of moments like this. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin