Saturday, January 26, 2008

Caught Red-Handed ...



and blue and green and purple and mystery flavor!

I left 1-year-old Emma in the family room watching PBS Wednesday while I finished getting ready to pick up Mary Ashley from school. When I emerged from the bedroom, I realized why Emma was being so quiet ... . She had found a bag of candy left from Christian's school project and had opened all the suckers. She was having a grand time sampling all the flavors.

I did not have time to pick up all the candy before dashing out the door and put it out of my mind once we left the house. When Goldilocks -- I mean Mary Ashley -- came in from school, she put her hands on her hips and exclaimed, "Someone opened up all the suckers and made a big mess!"

Emma came in behind her and was equally mortified to find such a disaster. She put her hands on her hips and -- thinking of her oldest brother still at school -- said with disgust, "Mess! Ca-Ca, big mess!"


Posted by Picasa
Blog Widget by LinkWithin