Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ballet Recital

Mary Ashley had her spring ballet recital last night. I snapped this picture backstage before the performance.



The show was a tribute to Broadway. Mary Ashley giggled at lyrics in the song "Honeybun" from South Pacific: "Her hair is blond and curly, Her curls are hurly-burly."



Mary Ashley's favorite song in the program was "Maybe" from Annie.



All smiles throughout the show!



P.S. We were so pleased that my brother, Nathan, and his wife, Shana, joined us for the recital. I am sure he got some fabulous photos, so I will plan to post some of his images soon.

7 comments:

sweeter and the bubbas said...

What a beautiful b/w pic, she looks 16!! Don't let Joe read that! :-o I love their costume...the polka dots are PRECIOUS! This ballet recital looks right up her alley...she's going to be a performer like her mommy. Now I'm off to check out the rest. I can't wait for all this girly stuff!!! :-) Oh, and btw, she is looking more and more like you...

Jennifer P. said...

Don't know how his photos could be any more gorgeous than the ones you got! They look like she should be in a magazine---I love the curls :)!

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

What a cutie! She looks like she was born for the stage! I love the black & white picture.

Three plus Me said...

She looks like a natural on stage! You captured the moment and her personality wonderfully!

Melanie said...

Could she be any more adorable?!! I think NOT! :) I just love little ballerinas!

sweeter and the bubbas said...

I forgot to add that I can really see a difference with your new camera and your picture editing! Great job!!

Joanne Kennedy said...

She is the sweetest little thing! I love to see the little ones dance. So cute!

Joanne

Blog Widget by LinkWithin