Friday, July 25, 2008

An Update

Thank you for your prayers on my behalf before my epidural on Monday. (If you're new to my blog, you can read about the experiences leading up to this procedure here.) I always feel anxious when I go in for injections, but your encouraging comments were a great comfort to me. Knowing I had the thoughts and prayers of so many friends made the morning easier.

I received the epidural with no complications. Back home, I took muscle relaxers and pain medication, then rested my back most of the day. Despite muscle tension that concerned me, my back did not go out. That alone was a huge relief. I have tried to moderate my activity since then, gradually adding in housework and exercise as the week has progressed.

At this point I am not sure whether I can report overall success from the epidural or not. My muscles are still painfully tense, but at times I feel that the underlying inflammation in my spine has eased. Other times I am not so sure. I guess time will tell.

I appreciate your continued prayers as I wait for results. Today I am feeling hopeful for relief and grateful for your support. Thank you so much for walking with me during this time!


9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Take this time to rest up, don't push yourself, and have a great weekend!!!!!

Kellie said...

I agree with stephanie...rest and let your body heal up. I imagine there soreness from the injection as well as your orginal pain...your body's been through the ringer! I know you are probably ready to get up and get going, but hang in there...if your laundry and house work is as "loyal" as mine, it will still be there when your ready!

;)

Happy Friday!

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

I haven't been blogging much lately, so I'm just catching up on your back ordeal. I'm sooo sorry to hear of your struggle! I'm glad the injection went well and pray you get relief.
Five years ago I ruptured the disk at L5 and was a good candidate for surgery, since I was experiencing some nerve damage all the way down to my toes. The surgery was a success, but I remember the agony of that season! Don't worry about the time it takes to get over it. The kids and house will bounce back and your health is critical to the success of the family! ;-)

Veggie Mom said...

Hey there, SITSta! I Stumbled you, and I'm glad I did!! Rest up, take it easy, one day at a time! BTW, please come on over to my blog, and join our Oprah E-mail Campaign. While you're there, enter the Great Pop'rs Giveaway. Hope to see ya soon!

Three plus Me said...

Glad all is going well and pray that it continues!

Laura said...

I'm still praying for you!

T. Brodie said...

After seeing my mom go through several of the same things you have, I understand what you are dealing with on a daily basis. I am glad this last procedure has gone well. Please let me know if there is ever anything I can do for you all.

Joanne Kennedy said...

I'm happy to hear you are feeling better. HOpe you are back to 100% soon.

Hugs,
Joanne

Jennifer P. said...

so glad that you are at least "okay"---I was hoping for wonderful, but okay is so much better than bad. Prayers continue to go out for you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin