Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Painting Eggs: 2006-2011



We have been taking the children to a favorite pottery studio to paint Easter eggs for several years now. I didn't even think to take my camera with me when we first started the tradition, but it seems I take more and more photos each year.

From one year to the next, it is amazing to see how much the children have grown. But even as their color preferences and paint techniques change, I see common threads in photos taken through the years. Carson, our most serious artist, displays quiet focus with lips pursed in concentration. Christian sticks his tongue out as he works, his countenance relaxing with each stroke of the brush. Mary Ashley is our delicate princess -- her every movement dainty and sweet. And Emma radiates joy, whether she is painting or playing. Here is a look back at how my little bunnies have grown.










"Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present and future." -- Gail Lumet Buckley

Blog Widget by LinkWithin