Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sweet Potato Chip Dip



Fall football Saturdays and barbecue go hand in hand. One of our favorite weekend menus includes pulled pork barbecue sandwiches with Asian slaw, fresh fruit and sweet potato chips with dip.






Have you tried Terra Exotic Vegetable chips? They are so delicious, and the web site boasts a full serving of vegetables in each serving. (Find special offers here.) My favorite flavors are Original and Sweet Potato (pictured above). With their autumnal colors and unique flavors, Terra chips would be perfect for munching while tailgating with friends.




 

I thought the sweet potato chips could use a unique dip, and I have been playing with ingredients to develop a recipe that balances sweet and savory. Guests have given it cheers so far, and I hope you will, too.


Sweet Potato Chip Dip
Try this dip chilled, or serve it at room temperature.
8-ounce container whipped cream cheese
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
3 teaspoons soy sauce
4-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
4 green onions, chopped
Mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise and soy sauce. Stir in pineapple and green onion, reserving a little green onion to sprinkle on top before serving. Chill for a few hours, then serve with sweet potato chips.


Congratulations to Debbi, who won last week's giveaway, a Lilly Pulitzer Pocket Agenda. If you didn't win, find this adorable planner here.

9 comments:

Margaret said...

sounds positively yummy!

Lois Evensen said...

That looks so yummy! :) Very pretty presentation, too. I have a similar dish in clear glass that I inherited from my Mother.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great!! Where do you get your beautiful serving platers that ribbons go around?

Bobbins and Balms said...

sounds really YUM, i shall difinately try this :)

Lisa said...

This sounds so delicious! I will have to give this a try!

Melissa Lester said...

My sister gave me that dish years ago, and I get so much use out of it. She found it at a cute gift shop in Nashville, Tenn.

tienda erotica fleshlight said...

In my view one and all should browse on this.

Dianne said...

I made this dip for my church group meeting this past Monday. Everyone raved about it, and there was not much left when I came home. It was delicious!!

Potato chips said...

It’s in point of fact a nice and useful piece of information. I’m happy that you simply shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin