Friday, November 18, 2011

Pickin' and Grinnin'


A Little Scuffle

Nine-year-old Christian and 7-year-old Mary Ashley were bickering on the way to church Wednesday night when suddenly Mary Ashley gasped. "Mommy," she cried, "Christian just slapped me!"

"I just did it softly," he retorted.

"No, you didn't," she insisted. "You did it hardly!"




Crowning Glory

Looking over the form that fourth-grader Christian brought home recently for a class field trip to see The Greatest Christmas Pageant Ever brought back fond memories for me. I remember my own fourth-grade teacher getting choked up as she read the book to us in class.

"Oh, you will enjoy going to see this," I said with nostalgia as I filled out the permission slip.

"I doubt it," Christian said with surprise. "I don't like beauty pageants."




Fall Is in the Air

"It feels like fall," Joe said with satisfaction as he and 7-year-old Mary Ashley stepped out into the cool evening air.

"We have a candle in our classroom that smells like fall," she replied.

"Oh, really? What does fall smell like?" Joe asked.

"Smells good, Daddy."




"A laugh is a smile that bursts." ~ Mary H. Waldrip



Blog Widget by LinkWithin