Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Table





"So once in every year we throng

Upon a day apart,

To praise the Lord with feast and song

In thankfulness of heart."

~ Arthur Guiterman
 




This year we celebrated Thanksgiving with my family. I wanted to use the Spode goblets I inherited from my mother this holiday, so set the table with my Spode Blue Room transferware plates.






My sister made adorable cupcake picks for the occasion, and these made sweet place cards for our table. I will share her delicious orange cupcake recipe later this week.






I found these pinecone candle holders last year after the holidays and anticipate using them through the winter.







A vase filled with pumpkins, gourds and fresh greenery made a fuss-free centerpiece.







Here you see a sampling of Jennifer's cupcake picks. She used a slightly different turkey for each family group. Aren't these adorable? I appreciate her attention to detail!







This year's Thanksgiving table was vibrant and full of color.







I  wanted to monogram the pumpkins at each place, but simply ran out of time. Maybe next year ... .






A framed copy of Psalm 136:1 adorned our sideboard, along with pumpkins and fresh greenery. The frame was a gift from the ladies of the Buford, Ga., Church of Christ -- a sweet memento of our ladies day this fall. To make the green arrangement, I tucked wet floral foam into a small blue and white pot. Then I slipped fresh greenery into the foam and covered the foam with moss. This was an easy, no-cost arrangement, and it added fall color to that side of the dining room.







Here is a view of the table from my seat.







When we gathered with my family two years ago, my nieces Caitlin and Kadence were babies. So this year we were eager for them to sit at the girls table with Mary Ashley and Emma.







I set each girl's place with a little bowl of mandarin oranges, and as you can see, they were eaten before we got any pictures of the table. Every hostess loves to see the bowls licked clean!







I have more photos and recipes to share, so I hope you will stop by for extra helpings of turkey and dressing this week!





Photos by Nathan Prichard; Used with Permission.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin