Friday, March 23, 2012

Hello, Spring!

"Springtime is the land awakening. The March winds are the morning yawn." ~ Lewis Grizzard

Our house is abuzz with excitement because we are ready for a week of spring break!

This year Joe's spring break does not match up with the children's, so we can't  plan a big trip this year. But this is not stopping us from planning an exciting week. We have had a stomach virus going through the house since Saturday (you know we can't resist a good one), but I am really hoping we are moving past it. Because we have got some special memories to make!

This springtime arrangement is one of the creative projects I took on in preparation for the week ahead. Filled with silk tulips and fresh blooms from our bridal veil bush, this pretty hinged basket from Hobby Lobby adds a touch of color to our gate. This weekend is our gateway to spring, and I can't wait to tell you all about it!

"It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want -- oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!" ~ Mark Twain


Elise said...

Happy Spring to you and your family. I hope that your family has fully recovered now and those spring memory making times can begin.

The arrangement on your front gate is beautiful. It is bound to bring a smile to everyone who sees it.

LELO said...

The flowers are so beautiful! Congratulations!

I wish you and your family an incredible spring!

Rach said...

Sounds fun! Can't wait to see what you guys are up to for spring break.

Wanted to share Avalyns first "tea party" lol

Miss Kitty said...

Your spring basket is so pretty! I need to do something with the bridal wreath that is blooming in my backyard too. Hey, I was just in Wetumpka last Sunday to see Jasmine Hill Gardens...the azaleas and dogwood were spectacular. I was happy to see the Lewis Grizzard quote and know that he is not forgotten.

Anne@A Little Fur in the Paint said...

Great post, Lovely blog! I'm a new follower!
Anne ♥♥

Nancy said...

Melissa, I love your page look and design. It's so you, delicate and girly. I love it! hugs and blessings, Nancy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin