Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Afternoon Tea at Savannah Tea Company




My recent trip to Nashville, Tenn., afforded me some treasured one-on-one time with my sister. Usually when we are together, I have my four children and Jennifer has her three. Our visits usually revolve around the cousins, but this special weekend was all about sisters. Jennifer accompanied me to the Smyrna Church of Christ's Hospitali-Tea Saturday night, but earlier in the day we shared afternoon tea at the Savannah Tea Company in Nashville.








Savannah Tea Company is located near downtown Nashville. This quaint little house is tucked into a more industrial section of town.







The afternoon we visited, ladies were preparing this dining room to host a shower.







I think a tea party is the best way to welcome life's transitions, don't you?







Guests at Savannah Tea Company choose their tea from an impressive menu -- and their teacup from a wall of well-loved favorites.







We enjoyed delicious tea sandwiches and sweet treats during our meal, but my favorite course was the veggie pesto soup.








It was such a treat to escape to the Savannah Tea Company for an afternoon with my sister. I hope we will share a cup of tea there again soon.





"Imagine a table laden with homemade scones and muffins, seasonal fruit jams, freshly made sandwiches and cakes and pastries of all varieties. There are few ways of ending the afternoon quite as enjoyable as sitting down to afternoon tea with friends."
~ The Perfect Afternoon Tea Book

 

Blog Widget by LinkWithin