Monday, October 29, 2012

Seeing Red: A Little Halloween Preview




"Child of the pure, unclouded brow

And dreaming eyes of wonder!
Though time be fleet and I and thou
Are half a life asunder,

Thy loving smile will surely hail
The love-gift of a fairy tale."
-- Lewis Carroll




Y'all know I am a pink girl all year round, but this week I am seeing Red.
Little Red Riding Hood, that is. And I couldn't be more delighted! After last year's fun dressing up as characters from The Wizard of Oz, it has taken nearly a year to settle on a theme all the children could agree on. At a ladies day last fall, one of the attendees shared the fun her family had dressing up as characters from the storybook classic Little Red Riding Hood. I loved the idea, and I am so excited to be going Into the Woods this year to tell this beloved story.





I made the girls' costumes and want to give you a sneak peek of this year's fun. Emma is Little Red Riding Hood, and Mary Ashley is her mother.





I am planning a special family dinner tonight and will be sharing more photos, crafts and highlights throughout the week.






We're going into the woods and out of the woods and home before dark.

10 comments:

Katy said...

As usual you have done an awesome job with the theme and the costumes, I cannot wait to see the dinner party details, you definitely have some lucky kiddies to be blessed with a wonderful Mama who enriches their lives with so much fun and adventure! Kali will totally enjoy reading your blog with me this week! Our three grandies are pirates this year, a little throwback from our Disney trip adventure.

Melissa Lester said...

Thank you, Katy! I look forward to your pictures, too. The pirate theme sounds like a lot of fun!

La Table De Nana said...

So cute:)

Rach said...

So beautiful! Wow, the girls are really growing up into little ladies!

Lea also known as "CiCi" said...

Oh, wow! so impressive! Just adorable!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

They are absolutely adorable. I'm so glad you are capturing these moments on film forever. Your children are SO blessed to have you as a mother, Melissa. What a godly woman you are and so very wise in addition to your plethora of talents.

XO,

Sheila

Barbalicious said...

OMGorgeousness! Absolutely love the costumes and can't wait to see the "Rest of the Story!" I have been waiting PATIENTLY to know what your theme was this year and it was worth the wait. The costumes are adorable and I want to know HOW you came up with the idea on how to make them.

Anonymous said...

You are such a wonderful mother!
They look so sweet!
Mariel

Anonymous said...

Amazing, Melissa!

Debbi

Christy Vogel said...

So cute:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin