Monday, October 29, 2012

Seeing Red: A Little Halloween Preview




"Child of the pure, unclouded brow

And dreaming eyes of wonder!
Though time be fleet and I and thou
Are half a life asunder,

Thy loving smile will surely hail
The love-gift of a fairy tale."
-- Lewis Carroll




Y'all know I am a pink girl all year round, but this week I am seeing Red.
Little Red Riding Hood, that is. And I couldn't be more delighted! After last year's fun dressing up as characters from The Wizard of Oz, it has taken nearly a year to settle on a theme all the children could agree on. At a ladies day last fall, one of the attendees shared the fun her family had dressing up as characters from the storybook classic Little Red Riding Hood. I loved the idea, and I am so excited to be going Into the Woods this year to tell this beloved story.





I made the girls' costumes and want to give you a sneak peek of this year's fun. Emma is Little Red Riding Hood, and Mary Ashley is her mother.





I am planning a special family dinner tonight and will be sharing more photos, crafts and highlights throughout the week.






We're going into the woods and out of the woods and home before dark.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin