Monday, March 23, 2015

Bearing with One Another


Looking up with eyes of laughter,
Holding out their tiny hands;
Bless these little ones, oh, Master!
Precious children of all lands!
~ Gertrude Tooley Buckingham


Will you join me in prayer this morning for little Bennett? This precious 4-year-old boy is having brain surgery this morning for Chiari Malformation Type I. And let's lift up his sweet family during these trying hours, as well as in the weeks following during Bennett's recovery.





I am hoping that this little gift basket will offer comfort to Bennett. Included with a snuggly teddy bear is a collection of Little Golden Books.






Before Carson was born, I purchased a well-loved copy of Good Night, Little Bear
in an antiques store. I have such fond recollections of my father reading this beloved bedtime story to me during my childhood, and I couldn't wait to share it my my own babies. I read it so often to my boys when they were little, so I hope Bennett will love it, too.






I'm praying that Bennett's mommy will be able to hold and cuddle her Baby Bear soon.



Do you have a favorite Little Golden Book -- or another cherished bedtime classic that evokes happy memories?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin