Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Housewarming Gift Baskets


Two members of our Victoria team have just bought their first houses -- what a happy milestone! Seeing their excitement takes me back to the first little cottage Joe and I purchased. We spent our first days there painting, and I remember running my hand over the walls in awe, thinking, I can't believe these are our walls!






To celebrate my co-workers' good news, I put together a housewarming gift for each one. Tucked into rustic baskets lined with flour sack towels, I hope these goodies will be used for years to come.





Nothing makes a house more cozy and inviting than the scent of something scrumptious baking in the oven, so I'm hoping the cookbook above will yield some inspiration for sweet treats.







This romantic Adelaide teacup and saucer looked perfect for my friend who first fell in love with her new home's wraparound porch and claw-foot tub. Find more of this china collection here.
.






And for my other friend, whose journey to the ideal house took many months, a pristine white teapot and wishes for many cups of tea in her new haven.






Little notes and bouquets of fresh tulips complete these baskets of good cheer.






Packed with prayers for many happy years in their new abodes, these gifts whisper ...






Welcome Home!


"Home, the spot of earth supremely blest,
A dearer, sweeter spot than all the rest."
~ Robert Montgomery

Blog Widget by LinkWithin