Friday, May 26, 2017

Memories from Carson's Graduation


"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." ~ e.e. cummings

Well, I have survived the milestone of Carson's graduation. (Although taking the poignant photo above and continuing to look at it almost did me in!) The commencement ceremony was lovely -- especially these closing moments, which included the singing of the Oak Mountain alma mater. 








As a member of the OMHS Singers, Carson joined the group for the final performance of his high-school career. 





Sharing this milestone with family made the evening all the more special. These four children fill my heart with joy!





Joe's parents joined us for the evening. Pop said that he wouldn't cry if I didn't, but I think I actually shed enough tears for both of us.





My father, dubbed D-Dad by Carson as a toddler, remembers vividly rocking his first grandson to sleep on his first night home from the hospital. We were all feeling nostalgic for that sweet little baby who has grown into such a fine young man.




We love Carson so much and can't wait to watch him soar!


"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." ~ Albert Einstein

Blog Widget by LinkWithin