Monday, August 23, 2010

Coming Up Roses



"I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck." -- Emma Goldman

This week everything is coming up roses on A Little Loveliness. I have made tremendous strides toward recovery and thank you so much for all your prayers, encouraging words and acts of kindness. Each one has been like a rose along this path. Per my doctor's orders, I am walking every day -- and I hope to pass the 1-mile mark today. I am also more able to enjoy some of the creative pursuits I love. This week I am working diligently to complete flower girl dresses for the girls, so I will look forward to sharing details of that project soon. In the meantime, I hope you will enjoy stopping in to smell the roses this week -- gifts of love from me to you.

"To be overcome by the fragrance of flowers is a delectable form of defeat." -- Beverly Nichols

8 comments:

Carol said...

We're all so glad you are on the road to recovery, even if it is the slow road!Hope you continue to improve.
Carol in GA

magdalena said...

beautiful post!made me smile!!be strong!

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

So glad you are feeling better. :)

Kristen said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better! I know you are so excited to get back to your projects. =)

Rach said...

Glad you are healing well. Can't wait to see those dresses!!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

So glad to hear that your recovery is coming along....slow but sure....it's so hard to patient!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

So glad you are feeling better! I can't wait to see the flower girl dresses.
xo Yvonne

All things bright and beautiful... said...

How lovely to hear you are progressing so well.
God bless.
Lynn.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin