Friday, August 27, 2010

A Rosey Outlook



I am so excited about this weekend and three special events it brings. First, our ladies book club will meet tonight to discuss Crossing Oceans by Gina Holmes. We have planned a tranquil beach-themed gathering, so I will look forward to sharing all the details with you next week. Next, Mary Ashley, Emma and I will join our sweet friend Haley for her bridal luncheon Saturday. Haley is so precious to us, and we are excited to play a role in her special day. And finally, the biggest moment of the weekend and a huge answered prayer:

I will get to hug my Mother.

I have dreamed of this moment all summer, and I'm so glad that the time for our reunion has finally arrived. My parents flew home from Salt Lake City last night. I have baked cupcakes (my first in months) in anticipation of Mother's homecoming. I get choked up every time I think about seeing my parents again, so I can only imagine how emotional our reunion will be. After the difficulties our family has faced this summer, I think we are definitely overdue for an emotional release. So bring on the happy tears!
I hope you are expecting roses this weekend, too. Blessings to you, friends!

13 comments:

Jan said...

Sounds like a delightful weekend! So happy that you are growing stronger with each day.
Hugs from our mothers are the best! It is what I miss most.

Rach said...

Sounds wonderful. Have a great weekend!

Sharon Ward said...

Melissa, this is such wonderful news after the trying times your whole family has suffered through recently. Thank the Lord!! You all have a wonderful reunion. We just returned from a visit to Huntsville, AL. My Mother had a massive stroke June 10th and we had not all been together in probaby three yeard. Shea and her husband and two kids met us there and it was wonderful. We all got to visit with Mother and each other. Grandkids are wonderful even if they are spoiled. Enjoy yourselves. Sharon Ward

Valerie said...

Hi Melissa.

I was so excited to read your post today about the wonderful reunion you will soon experience with your parents.

I know this has been a difficult summer for you and I was also glad to read that you have been making progress on your recovery.

I recently welcomed a baby boy into the world and I haven't had much time to blog or visit, but just know that I've continued to keep you and your mother in my thoughts and prayers.

Valerie

marĂ­a cecilia said...

Hola Melissa, it`s been such a pleasure discovering your so wonderful blog and meeting your lovely kids.
... the girls in their outfits are the cutests!!!!
Enjoy hugging your darling mother.
greetings from Chile,
maria cecilia

ballet news said...

I hope it turns out to be absolutely wonderful for you all

Happy weekend !

Nancy said...

have a beautiful weekend, sweet friend :)

Jenny Crill said...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. My parents live in Prattville while we live out just north of Salt Lake City. I wish I was coming home for the weekend. :) Do your parents live out here?

Glenda said...

I cried just reading that you will finally be able to hug your mother. I'm so thankful that your health allows you the opportunity to once again spend time with her. I hope you both have a wonderful time together!...Glenda Sandlin

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy hugging your mother - oh how i wish I could hug my own.

Red said...

Excited for you to get to hug your mom! Hope its a super long one that is not interrupted til you are ready.
Glad you are going to make cupcakes again! Cuz yours are always the cutest and then you always share pics with us!
As for the tears, let them flow...its been a rough one for you and tears are sort of medicinal...that's my excuse this week anyway, and I am stickin to it!

Melissa Lester said...

Jenny, my parents actually live in Alabama, too, but Mother travelled to Salt Lake City for a stem cell transplant. Her oncologist is in Salt Lake, so they visit him every few months. This trip was supposed to be one month but stretched to three because of complications. I had hoped to visit them there but could not because of back surgery. So I am glad to have them within reach now.

Mary Beth said...

Praise the Lord! Prayers are answered.
I am so happy for you. A reunion with your mother will be so wonderful! I am so happy to hear that you will have such a great weekend!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin