Friday, May 6, 2011

Teacher Gifts 2011



We're chalking up another great schoolyear to having wonderful teachers. And just in time for Mother's Day, today we are surprising them with flowers.




Each year I look for a unique container that teachers can put to use long after the flowers have wilted. This year I chose clear glass canisters accented with chalkboard labels -- a steal at World Market. (They come with chalk, so the children labeled their teachers' canisters before taping the chalk to the lid.) I filled each canister with a bouquet of tulips and finished off the arrangement with a gift tag. I love the versatility of these canisters and hope each teacher will find a perfect spot for one at home or at school.






"The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." -- William A. Ward

 

10 comments:

Rach said...

Very pretty. Love the chalk board idea, very fitting!

Susan said...

This First Grade teacher would LOVE to receive such a lovely gift!
Great Idea! Happy Mother's Day!
Blessings!

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

What a wonderful way to show appreciation for your teacher! I wanted to let you know that I tried your recipe for Chicken Turnovers for a special Mother's Day meal, and they were a huge success. That is definitely a recipe I'll keep in my files. Thanks for sharing such great recipes and spectacular inspiration.

butterfly said...

Amo tulipas, pena que no Brasil o clima não seja propício.
Lindo blog... beijo.

Kathleen said...

Hi there,

I have a question about your site, would you mind emailing me back @ kthomas@primroseschools.com?

Thanks,
Kathleen

Marsha Young@Spots and Wrinkles said...

Terrific pictures and what a great idea for those vases!

I am sure the gifts were much appreciated. God bless you - Marsha

Melissa Lester said...

Kathryn, I'm so glad the chicken turnovers turned out well for you! Your comment reminds me I need to make that recipe again soon.

Anonymous said...

We had your broccoli salad recipe for Easter...delicious.
Your photos are, as always, beautiful. Lovely ideas. :)

Valerie said...

Hi Melissa.

What a lovely idea for the teachers. Perfect for that End-of-Year teacher gift or Teacher Appreciation week. I know I would have appreciated a gift as sweet as this!

BTW...it's me, systematically working their way through your archives. I'm gathering ideas for Mary Catherine's 7th birthday party and I know you as the "go to" lady for beautifully creative party ideas! So, not "stalking" you, just pouring through your past years' posts for wonderful ideas. Thank you!

Blessings,
Valerie

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

These tulip containers are so very beautiful! Wonderful gift!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin