Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Hoyt House for Afternoon Tea



As soon as I learned we would be visiting Amelia Island, Fla., my first priority was searching for area tea rooms. I was delighted to find The Hoyt House Bed & Breakfast and for nearly a year anticipated going there for afternoon tea.






The Hoyt House sits on the corner of Atlantic Avenue, one of several historic homes on the block. See this post for more lovely homes in Historic Fernandina Beach.





When I discovered this 100-year-old mansion online, I gushed to Mary Ashley that I couldn't wait to visit this house. She replied, "Well, I want to live there."





Joe and the children were gracious to pull themselves away from the beach to indulge me in afternoon tea.




Afternoon tea is served by reservation Wednesday through Sunday. Learn more here. Let's step inside!


   
 


What a welcoming foyer!



The children were delighted to discover a real bird in the birdcage in the corner of this sitting room.




Tea is served in the dining room. In the corner, this table is set for three.




White tablecloths, pretty china and fresh flowers set the stage for a lovely tea experience.




The Hoyt House offers a selection of eight loose teas.




I enjoyed every morsel of my afternoon tea!



Hoyt House Afternoon Tea

Fresh-Baked Crumpet and White Chocolate Raspberry Scone
Served with Assorted Jams and Clotted Cream
Smoked Salmon Canape
Truffled Wild Mushroom Tartlet
Tea Sandwiches of Egg Salad, Cucumber and Chicken
Fresh Berries
Assorted Cookies and Tarts




Joe and the children opted for Kate's Tea, a pretty plate of crumpet, scone, berries and sweets.




All the food was delicious, but the white chocolate raspberry scones might have been the best scones I have ever tasted.




Wouldn't you just love to linger on the front porch, admiring the spanish moss that falls gracefully from the branches of centuries-old live oaks?




This looks like the perfect spot to enjoy a glass of iced tea.




I dream of having a wrap-around porch like this one day!




Are you dreaming of escaping to the Hoyt House? There is only one thing that can make teatime at this grand B&B better ...




And that's sharing it with people you love!


I'll be back with a few more must-see images from our trip to Amelia Island. Please continue voting for me in Taste of Home's search for a holiday ambassador. You can check out my entry by "liking" the Mrs. Holiday page here.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin