Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A New Skirt for the Birthday Girl



"A daughter is a little girl who grows up to be a friend." ~ Author Unknown



We had such fun planning Mary Ashley's Birthday Craft Fair. Several of her best girlfriends joined us Saturday for an afternoon of lunch and crafts, and what memories we made! In upcoming posts I will be sharing our menu, decor and crafts. But first I wanted to share a few photos of the birthday girl.






I wanted to make a special outfit for the party, and a tiered ruffled skirt seemed the perfect way to incorporate some of our party fabrics. Find this pattern from La*tee*da*kids here. I purchased the floral Tanya Whelan fabric from the Delilah collection here from My Heart & Sew. The polka dot and chevron fabrics are from Beth's Heirloom Sewing in Wetumpka. I will be sharing more details on the flower in Mary Ashley's hair in upcoming posts.







We gave our crafty girl the biggest surprise of her life on her birthday: her very own sewing machine! Mary Ashley was so excited she could hardly contain herself. We gave her the machine before we sat down to dinner, and she was so excited as we joined hands that she shook my hand all through the prayer. She was so eager to get started that we sewed a simple project together that very night. We planned to use her machine during our craft fair, so I will be sharing an adorable project in an upcoming post.





 
After the party, Mary Ashley sat down to write her thank you notes. When she shuffled through her completed stack, she surprised me by delivering one addressed to "Mommy." Oh, my heart.
 
 
Dear Mommy,
Thank you for the sewing machine. I will have and love it always. But not more than you. I love you ssssoooo mmmmmuuuuuccccchhhhh.
Love your little 9 year old girl, Mary
 
 
May she always stay this sweet!
 
 
 
"A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart." ~ Author Unknown

 


Blog Widget by LinkWithin