Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Love at First Sit



It started out like any other winter day -- full of appointments, projects and errands.

But in a moment everything changed. A glitch in the schedule, a few extra minutes in town, a whim to make an unplanned stop.

And it was love at first sit.


 


From across the crowded store, it called to me.



 


Could it be the French chair I have been dreaming of? The one I've been Pinning and pining for these many months?


 


No, no, it couldn't be! A delicate chair with the softest powder blue fabric and a whitewashed frame -- a look I wanted but assumed I would never find on my budget?



 


My heart rate quickening, I hastened to the back of the store. I had to get a closer look.


 


Lo and behold, it was the chair of my dreams! I was drawn immediately to its graceful frame and oval back.



 




 


I admired the hand-carved accents.



 




 

And marvelled at the lovely silhouette.



 


There was no question. This was the chair I have been waiting for.


 

It was meant to be.



 


And I know we will be happy together ...



 


Writing off into the frilly pink sunset.



"A house that does not have one worn, comfy chair in it is soulless." ~ May Sarton



Blog Widget by LinkWithin