Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Time for Tea

"Welcome home!" writes Emilie Barnes in The Spirit of Loveliness. "That's what I want my life to say to everyone whose path crosses mine. I want to create an atmosphere of serenity and joy, blessing and belonging that embraces people (myself included) and draws them in -- that makes them feel loved and special and cared for" (p. 13).

Emilie Barnes is one of my favorite authors. Her words remind me to focus on the blessings of hospitality, creativity, femininity and godliness. Reading her book The Spirit of Loveliness inspires me to take a deep breath, put flowers on the table and brew a pot of tea.

Wouldn't you love to share a cup of tea today? To sink into a cozy chair and forget about the cares of the day. To hold a cherished teacup and savor its warmth and fragrance. To sip the tea slowly, drinking in the tranquility of a quiet moment. To linger at the tea table together, where laughter and conversation flow easily.

I hope this blog will be a cozy place to meet friends from far and near to share that cup of tea. Please visit often to share a Bible verse, see the children, exchange creative ideas or even find out what's for supper. I hope when you stop by you will find a little loveliness to remind you that your cup overflows with blessings.

So come back soon! Because from my little spot in the world, I'm flinging the doors wide, brewing a pot of tea and saying "Welcome home!"
Blog Widget by LinkWithin