Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Homes of Harbortown



On our way to the airport Sunday, my dear friend Jean Ann took me to downtown Memphis for a quick tour of the picturesque community of Harbortown.








With 500 houses, a shopping district and a small private school, Harbortown overlooks the Mississippi River.








Harbortown residents view Tennessee and Arkansas. Above, you can see the Arkansas state sign on this bridge that crosses the Mississippi.




























My visit to Memphis went far too quickly! Ladies at the Bartlett Woods Church of Christ gave me such a warm welcome during our ladies day, and I enjoyed spending time with Jean Ann and her beautiful family through the weekend. I was stunned to realize that at least 10 years have passed since my last visit to Memphis, but I am hopeful that I will be walking in Memphis again soon.




"Put on my blue suede shoes/
And I boarded the plane/
Touched down in the land of the Delta Blues/
In the middle of the pouring rain ... ."
~ Marc Cohn, "Walking in Memphis"

Blog Widget by LinkWithin