Thursday, March 19, 2015

Emma's Ice-Skating Party


For her 9th birthday, Emma had her heart set on an ice-skating party. Here are some of the creative details that made her celebration a bright, happy day with friends.





Custom-designed invitations from Sand in My Shoes Designs set the tone with the birthday girl's favorite pattern -- chevron -- in her favorite color -- pink.





This dress form has served as a centerpiece at many of our celebrations through the years. A borrowed scarf and new skates made perfect additions.





I found these American Girl Doll-sized shoes at Michaels.






At the rink where we hosted the party, we could only take cake or cupcakes. I made Emma's cake but purchased some mini cupcakes, just in case we needed extra nibbles.





For our tables, I used wrapping-paper runners from Dollar Tree and tableware from Party City. We had about 20 minutes to set up our party room, and the kids were great help in decorating our tablescapes. The scalloped plates were too pretty to discard, so I saved those to use again.





Emma's cake suited her vivacious personality. I found the idea for the design in a book that recently came across my desk. I plan to share more details in an upcoming post.





Pink roses were the focal point of this cake. I had planned to place an ice skate in the center, but the scale wasn't right. In the end, I loved the flowers!





Water bottles wrapped in labels from Pink Pickle Parties provided refreshment after skating.





Along with candy sticks from Party City.





Little buckets from Target held our party favors.





Treats included gloves from Target, bubbles from Michaels and candy from Party City.





In the end, Emma's party was a simple yet fun celebration that she will always remember.


I will be heading to Kentucky this weekend to speak for a ladies day at the Elizabethtown Church of Christ. If you live nearby, I hope you will join us Saturday!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin