Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter in Georgia


"For I remember it is Easter morn,
And life and love and peace are all new born."
~ Alice Freeman Palmer


We enjoyed a busy Easter weekend that culminated in visits with family yesterday. Although we drove to Joe's parents' home in heavy rain, the precipitation eased enough for me to snap a few photos of the children and the Lesters' beautiful lawn.





The azaleas on their lakeside property are spectacular!





After the children indulged me in a few photos, I lingered outside to capture a few more vignettes. This adorable bunny -- nestled among blossoms and foliage -- caught my eye.





Speaking of bunnies, here are my four: Carson, 16; Christian, 14; Mary Ashley, 12; and Emma, 10. They are my heart!






The ground was too wet for an Easter egg hunt this year, but I have promised Emma that we will do a hunt this week. With the children growing up so fast, I must confess that it makes me smile that she wants to continue this tradition.






On the way back to Birmingham, we stopped in to see my grandparents and were also able to visit with my father and his wife. That was the cherry on top of a lovely day!






Back home last night, the children found Easter baskets full of surprises.






Knowing that we only have one more year with Carson before he graduates from high school, I am treasuring each holiday even more. Here is one final glimpse of these precious four who make every day worthwhile.






Happy Easter from the Lester family!



"Awake, thou wintry earth --
Fling off thy sadness!
Fair vernal flowers, laugh forth
Your ancient gladness!"
~ Thomas Blackburn, "An Easter Hymn"

Blog Widget by LinkWithin