Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

The final days of 2009 were a flurry of activity as we readied the house for company, but all the hard work was worth it in the end. Or should I say in the beginning? We opened our doors New Year's Day for a brunch for the young families from church. It was great to start the year off with some of our dearest friends -- all determined to keep a spiritual focus in 2010.

One of the benefits of planning a New Year's Day party was finding deep discounts on Christmas decorations. I found quite a few ornaments perfect for wintertime celebrations. I'll share some more ideas throughout the week, but wanted to start with the wreath on our front door. I wanted to sparkle for New Year's, so glittery turquoise and pink ornaments and curly branches from Wal-Mart added the glitz we needed. Wooden numbers from Hobby Lobby -- painted with glitter paint and tucked into the wreath -- welcomed party guests to 2010.



Last year held many special moments, and here's to doing it all again in ...





9 comments:

Jeanette said...

The wreath looks just lovely.

Shell in your Pocket said...

so festive and fun!
sandy toe

Rach said...

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I love the wreath. Happy 2010 to you and your family.

Debbi

melissa said...

Gorgeous wreath!
Wishing you and your family a very happy new year filled with blessings galore!

Just a little something from Judy said...

I wanted you to know that I have really enjoyed seeing Christmas and New Years celebrated on this blog. You are a gifted lady who certainly knows how to add beauty to everything. Thank you for sharing it all with us. Even though I often do not have time to comment, I really do appreciate every post.

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Workin' MAMA! said...

"Scroll Slowly Girlfriend" is the advice I whisper to myself whenever I visit your blog! It is filled with the most creatives and delicious ideas I've ever seen!
You have quite the knack for combining whimsy with top-drawer "CLASS" - Love the pics and ideas - and what a wonderful thing to do: Hosting young couples who'd like to focus on spirtuality in 2010! Our church's focus is Values and Vision: We win in 2010!

It's so relieving to know that we have God and a flare for what's beautiful in common! My heart is filled with gobs of gratitude for you and your blog!!! You know how to set a festive atmosphere girl...
THANK YOU!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Love the wreath..Happy New Year!!

Nishant said...

The wreath looks just lovely.

Work from home India

Blog Widget by LinkWithin