Thursday, July 29, 2010

Heartfelt Food Resources

 
I hope you are enjoying this week's creative felt food feast! Here are a few of my favorite felt-crafting resources on the web.

  • Felt Food 101: American Felt and Craft's blog offers a great series on creating felt food, with helpful information on choosing materials, learning common stitches and putting it all together. Check out this five-part series here.

  • Sneak Peeks: Connect with American Felt and Craft's facebook page to see project photos and find out about shop promotions and giveaways. My children were thrilled when I won the birthday cake pictured above from AFC.

  • Videos: Lilly Bean Play food offers several helpful video tutorials here.

  • Free Patterns: Keeper of the Cheerios has a huge round-up of links to free felt food tutorials. Find this impressive link list here.

  • Felt Food Market: Etsy has some amazing options if you would prefer to buy felt food. A few of my favorite shops are onenonly88, buggabugs, nicolaluke (visit her blog here) and MeMeCraftwork.  
Be sure to register for my felt cookie giveaway. The winner will be announced tomorrow!

3 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Thanks, Melissa! I will be sure to check them out.

XO,

Sheila :-)

julie said...

hey melissa! i have missed visiting! i love all the wonderful felt foods! i have cut out some sugar cookies but have stopped there! i need to finish them for my cutie! thanks for the links!

Debbie said...

Wow, Melissa! I just found you the other day and I love your blog and thank you so much for leading me to American Felt and Craft and all of their resources. I just featured both you and AFC on my blog today... please let me know if you have any concerns! (I immediately fell in love with those bathing suits!!!!)
- Deb

Blog Widget by LinkWithin