Monday, November 15, 2010

A Warm Welcome



Our book club enjoyed a special treat last week when we were welcomed into a member's home for our fall meeting. Our host, Teri Phillips, is an interior decorator and party planner. Stepping into her beautiful home, several of us said we felt like we were on a mini-vacation.


Teri created such a welcoming atmosphere for our dinner and discussion.



We had a smaller group for this meeting due to scheduling conflicts, but the more intimate dinner was a welcome change of pace. We all lingered around Teri's kitchen table for a relaxed discussion of our fall selection, The Silent Gift by Michael Landon, Jr., and Cindy Kelley.



A view of Teri's breakfast room and the courtyard beyond.



Thank you, Teri, for giving us such a warm welcome. And just so you know, next time I visit I'm packing an overnight bag!


"To sit alone in the lamplight with a book spread out before you, and hold intimate converse with men of unseen generations -- such is a pleasure beyond compare." -- Kenko Yoshida

7 comments:

Jan's Blog said...

How warm and elegant. As I study each picture I see lots of things I can bring to my own decorating. Thanks for sharing.

Ariadone said...

Good morning Melissa, I can see why you feel so welcomed here...how kind of her to let you take pictures of her personal home..I can see myself joining your book club, but we are trotting through the flood & mud right now ( Belgium and my part of The Netherlands )
Thank your friend, she is stylish woman
Lieve groeten
Godeliva van Ariadone

Rach said...

Wow. Immaculate!!

Deborah said...

Beautiful home!

Laura said...

What a beautiful home! And I just finished reading the same book! Wish I could have joined your book club!

Nancy said...

I could live there so easily :)

Carol said...

Warm, elegant, beautiful and inviting. The colors are so wonderful.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin