Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Mug Shot



Our fall book club selection, The Silent Gift by Michael Landon, Jr., and Cindy Kelley, centered around the tumultuous journey of single mother Mary and her deaf-mute son, Jack. Several times throughout the novel Jack drank hot chocolate, so I thought sipping hot cocoa was a must for our discussion of the book. I prepared this recipe for minty hot chocolate, which got great reviews from all the ladies. And I think it tasted even better served in custom-printed mugs from Discount Mugs -- a special favor for each member of our book club.

Still to come, recipes and our new winter book club selection.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

I would love more information on how to form such a club, keep it going, and a number that is managable! Love the mug idea!

Ariadone said...

Yes I feel like Nancy, Melissa...could you tell us some more ? And what a kind thought: choco, special mug and flowersarrangements...Have a fine day
Lieve groeten
Godeliva van Ariadone

margie said...

How cute! I'm so sorry that I couldn't be at the book club meeting this time. I really did enjoy the book. I am anxious to find out what the next selection will be.

Michelle said...

Oh what a neat idea to have favors taken from the book. That's definitely a perfect chioce, I think! I hope you enjoyed the book as much as the cocoa and mugs.

custom mugs said...

I would love more information on how to form such a club.
such a nice mug.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin