Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Blessings Springing Up



 
I am pleased to share some wonderful, exciting news with you. Monday I will be joining Hoffman Media as assistant editor of Victoria. This is an opportunity I dreamed of, but never really dreamed I could pursue. I have loved Victoria since I discovered it as a newlywed. Thumbing through past issues, I couldn't help but smile seeing old addresses printed on the covers. As a subscriber many years ago, I could not have imagined that I would someday find my name listed in the masthead. God is good!
 
 
As an avid reader of Hoffman Media books and magazines, I am eager to meet the creative teams behind favorites like Southern Lady, Teatime, Cooking With Paula Deen, Cottage Journal, Taste of the South, Celebrate and more. During the interview process I met a few staff members, and everyone has been so gracious. Can I tell you what a thrill it was to sit down with Victoria editor Barbara Cockherham a couple of weeks ago? She exudes a spirit of warmth and welcome. During our afternoon together we shared lunch brought in from Edgar's Bakery, and near the end of our meal publisher Phyllis Hoffman DePiano joined us. Sitting between these two creative, successful women was a moment I will always remember.
 
 
I look forward to sharing more of this adventure with you in the days ahead. I would appreciate your prayers in this new endeavor and hope you will pick up a copy of the magazine. Be sure to look for my name in upcoming issues now that you can say you have a friend on the staff of Victoria!



Congratulations to Suburban Prep, winner of the Thirty-One Gifts cosmetic bag giveaway. Suburban Prep, please contact me through e-mail or in the comments below. Please contact me within the week, or we will choose another winner.

 



17 comments:

Val said...

That's huge! Congratulations, Melissa! ♥

Granna said...

Congratulations! I know you will be a great addition to their team. I have subscribed to Southern Lady for several years and love the magazine.

Jody said...

Congratulations! I love Victoria magazine and have subscribed for years. My mom subscribed when I was a teenager and I loved it then!!

lahbluebonnet said...

How exciting! I've admired that in the news stands, though Teatime is the one I usually purchase. I'll take a closer look at Victoria! I should start chatting about them more on my blog. I can see from your blog, which I've been quietly admiring for the last year, that you will be an asset to Victoria!
Laurie

Rach said...

That is awesome! You are a perfect fit for that position. Congrats!

Mrs. Cozy Home said...

W.O.W.

I am not surprised in the least, you have a gift. I remain a loyal reader in whatever form!

Brenda said...

Congratulations! What a fun opportunity. Sounds like a dream job.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I am so excited for you that I can hardly see straight. No one deserves this more than you do, my friend. Well done!

Love you,

Sheila

Lady Law Dawg said...

Wow - that's BIG!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

Kathy said...

Congratulations! What a perfect opportunity for you! I have loved Victoria since the very first issue. I was so sad when it ceased publication, then excited when Hoffman Media brought it back! Can't wait to see what you contribute to the magazine!

Michelle said...

Congratulations!!!

Deborah said...

Congratulations. I love Victoria and all the sister publications. You must be so thrilled and frankly they are lucky to have you.

Heather L. said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is the perfect job for you. Wishing you the best of luck!

LadyLydia said...

As a charter member of Victoria, I own every issue since 1988 and I share your love of Victoria magazine. Will this mean that we will not see your beautiful blog updates? I certainly hope you will use some of your blog articles in the magazine, as your ideas and photos are certainly wothy of it.

My daughter, whom I homeschooled, used many of the original Victoria's in the 1980's and 1990's to enhance her homeschool experience and broaden her world. From a visit to the home of Jane Austen to the house plans in the back, Victoria formed her love of life and her appreciation of refinement and details of the home.

I know your place in Victoria's future will mean more of "whatever is good, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely," and that your presence there will increase the dignity and refinement that is spread throughout this country and the world. It is especially relieving that they chose someone in the Lord's church who will keep gentleness and light in the magazine.

Nancy Hood said...

To say I'm thrilled for you doesn't even come close!! WhooHoo!!!! That's more like it ;) I'm so very happy for you and look forward to seeing a friend's name in the magazine!! For I love Victoria, as well!

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

Congratulations, Melissa! I, too, have loved Victoria since my teens. I think it is definitely a good fit for you. May you be richly blessed in the new venture!

Love Being A Nonny said...

I read and love almost every one of those magazines! Congrats to you and your beautiful family. I hope you will continue to share here in the blog world. I don't always comment but I ALWAYS read!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin