Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Easter Project Inspiration



"Easter spells out beauty, the rare beauty of new life." ~ S.D. Gordon


With Easter only a few weeks away, I had better hop to it to figure out this year's Easter dresses. For the past two years I have purchased smocked dresses for Mary Ashley and Emma, but most companies only carry smocked styles up to size 8. I'm not sure if I have time to start heirloom dresses at this late date, but I have to make a plan. Perhaps a trip to the fabric store will yield some inspiration. While I seek ideas, here are some Easter project ideas from years past at A Little Loveliness.




 


I made this arrangement by nestling a smaller vase inside a larger one and filling the space between with rows of pastel jellybeans. I made the original arrangement for Easter but kept the candy vase for quite a while and refilled it for several occasions.



 


My little bunnies loved these cabbage cupcakes last year, made by piping green icing on with an angled cake decorating tip.



 


Photographing this bunny topiary last year, I could picture it as the crowning touch for a spring tea party. If time does not get away from me, I hope to make that happen this year. Want to make the bunny topiary happen? Find directions here.



 


Visit this post for a recipe for white chocolate nests.



 


This bunny vase remains one of my favorites. Whether filled with roses, azaleas or vegetables, this little guy adds a touch of spring to our decor.



 


This season is a wonderful time to bless others. Find ideas for Easter basket lunches for teachers here.



 


To share the love with friends, revisit this post to see how my friend Stacey treated the girls and me to an Easter tree party. Our daughters were all pre-school age. How I miss those days!



 


For a sweet favor, how about this precious bunny in a jar? My sister-in-law Shannon made these for all the grandchildren at Easter last year.



"For I remember it is Easter morn, And life and love and peace are all new born." ~ Alice Freeman Palmer


Blog Widget by LinkWithin