Monday, October 2, 2017

Celebrating Autumn Pumpkins


"October, ruddy-cheeked, comes o'er the plains,
And as with rustling step it speeds along,
Its feet beat music to the harvest song ... ."
~Albert Laighton


During autumn, my heart quickens with the thought of gathering a cornucopia of pumpkins, gourds and fall flowers. Last year I did not find the array of seasonal colors that I love, so I asked our Victoria stylist if she could recommend a local farmers' market or shop worth exploring. She led me to Andy's Garden Center, with several locations in Birmingham. I began counting down the days to a weekend visit to the company's Hoover nursery. Take a peek at the fall finery just waiting to add harvest beauty to your home!










































"October, I lo'e thee! Thy whisper is soothing;
There is Lore in thy face, there is wealth in thy bowers:
Thy pensiveness adds but a charm to my musing
And sweet are my dreams through thy fast ebbing hours!
~ James Rigg

Blog Widget by LinkWithin