Wednesday, March 19, 2008

For a Baby Bunny

A sweet chenille basket from Target was the inspiration for this baby shower gift for my friend Joely. This mother of two is expecting her third little girl this spring. What a blessing! Tucked into the basket with fresh flowers and a fuzzy bunny, these pink and green burp cloths are cute and practical. And they are so easy to make. Prefolded birdseye 3-ply cloth diapers with absorbent padding work well for this project. Just cut a strip of fabric slightly larger than the center panel of the diaper, and press the ends under. Sew the fabric to the center panel, then stitch on strips of rick rack to cover the seams. A monogram or embroidered design finishes off the burp cloth with sweet detail. An Easter surprise for a baby bunny I can't wait to snuggle!

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hello from Birmingham! I saw your post on Romantic Home & decided to stop by for a visit & see that we are practically neighbors. I also frequent The Nester's blog, she's hilarious.

just wanted to stay hello & feel free to come visit my blog too!

Rhoda

Nancy Hood said...

absolutely precious!

Melanie said...

I absolutely adore your blog. I found it tonight through my sister's blog, Feathers in my nest. Your ideas are charming and created with lots of love. I am new to blogging so stop by for a friendly visit sometime:D

Melanie

sweeter and the bubbas said...

You put so much thought into gifts, I know Joely will really appreciate the time you put into hers!! :-)

Louise said...

That is so cute!!!

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

So cute. Your creativity continues to be an inspiration! I have made a few burp cloths in my time, but never any as pretty as that! ;-) Happy Easter.

Leah said...

You are so thoughtful...never a stone unturned. I feel very blessed to know you...you are always inspirational to me.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin