Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sweet Tarts

These light and refreshing fruit tarts add a punch of color to the tea table. Enjoy!

Easy Fruit Tarts
Frozen mini-pie shells
1 14-ounce can fat-free sweetened, condensed milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 8-ounce container fat-free whipped topping, thawed
Large can mandarin oranges, drained
2-3 kiwi, peeled and sliced
Fresh raspberries

Bake mini-pie shells according to package directions. Combine sweetened, condensed milk and lemon juice. Gently fold in whipped topping. Spoon mixture into mini-pie shells and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight. Before serving, top each tart with a mandarin orange segment, a small slice of kiwi and a couple of raspberries.

Photo by Nathan Prichard
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh Melissa,
I just had to visit and get my daily dose of loveliness. The tarts look yummy!

Thank you so much for the comments about Mandy. I visited with her today. I am thankful for the hour and a half car ride each way... I was able to get most of my tears out then and managed to keep my composure while with her. We are an extremely close family and our hearts are broken. However, I laughed the whole 2 1/2 hours I was with her.
The prayers mean so much to us. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Beth said...

I am going to make these tarts at our next ladies tea. The look great and seem perfectfor those of us trying to lose weight.

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

I hate to sound like Rachel Ray, but YUM-O! Definitely going to try those!

Anita McFarland said...

I think I'll have these at Lily's 1 st bday party. Email me any cute "flower or garden" birthday cake ideas!

Helen said...

Melissa,
I just recently ran across your blog and I love it. I love how girly it is. Keep up the great work!

I have a question about your Easy Fruit Tart recipe. How many tarts does one recipe make?

Thanks!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin