Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Cup of Loveliness: Southern Pecan

Today's Cup of Loveliness is absolutely heavenly! Southern Pecan is a black tea flavored with the smooth taste of pecan. This loose tea smells so good I wanted to eat it out of the bag! I am pairing this versatile blend with chicken salad croissants today, but it would be a wonderful accompaniment to all your breakfast or dessert favorites.

Chicken Salad Croissants

This simple sandwich is an easy go-to dish for the tea table.

2 cups chicken (about 2 breasts), boiled and shredded
1 teaspoon pickle juice
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3/4 to 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 cup seedless grapes, rinsed and halved
Sliced almonds, optional
Croissants

Combine first three ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir in salt and basil, then gently fold in grapes. Chill. If the chicken salad gets too dry while chilling, stir in a little more mayonnaise before serving. Serve on a bed of lettuce with crackers, or spoon chicken salad on croissants. Garnish with sliced almonds, if desired. Yields 4 large croissants.


8 comments:

Teashop Girl said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe. I love chicken salad! Especially with a nice black tea. I must find some of that Southern Pecan...I can just imagine the heady smell. Yum.

sonja said...

I'm just loving these DELICIOUS postings! I will definitely be trying some of them, and the tea....how perfect!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Just lovely!!!!! I am detoxing this week with no coffee so it's tea all week for me. Croissants look outstanding but those are off limits too :(

Hope you're doing well.

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa,
Long time reader but have never commented B4 today. Are these really your own teas? I'd love to try them. Where can one find them?

Love your blog and it's gentle, sweet way of savoring the beauty of the life God has gifted us with.Thank you for your beautiful inspiration.

Hope your back is soon better.
Blessings,
SDP in California

Melissa Lester said...

Thank you, SDP, for commenting today! Cup of Loveliness is my new line of teas, and I am so excited about this project! I am working with a tea blender to develop the flavors, and I am so pleased with the results.

I am looking into options right now for offering the teas online and hope to find a cost-effective way to make the teas available soon. In the meantime, I have one more flavor to introduce tomorrow. Then I will have a giveaway Monday, so I hope that will be worth another comment! :)

sweeter and the bubbas said...

The picture of that chicken salad is making my mouth water!! We will miss you tonight...can't wait to taste your tea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janean said...

girl, we enjoyed picking fresh pecans up from the trees....ummmm. the chicken salad recipe is wonderful!

Kristen said...

This recipe for chicken salad is just wonderful! I have made it about 5 times in the last month or two. =) I love anything with basil, but somehow I'd never thought of it in chicken salad. I now have some fresh basil in our garden, so I'm going to try it with that next. =)

Your tea blending is such a great idea! I'd love to get some sometime.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin