Thursday, November 19, 2009

The End of the Word as We Know It

At supper recently, 7-year-old Christian used used an impolite term to refer to his rear end. "Oh, Christian," I urged, "let's not call it that. It doesn't sound very nice."

"Well, then, what should I call it?" he replied. "My derriere?"

Joe laughed at this and said, "Sure, Christian, if you can spell it you can say it."

"OK," Christian said, squinting in concentration. "D-A-I-R-Y, space, A-I-R."

Joe and I immediately erupted in laughter, so Christian explained, "You know ... . Like, I went to the fair and got kicked in the dairy air."

6 comments:

Susan Wicker said...

Oh Melissa, that was hilarious. I'll always remember "dairy air." ha ha ha ha ha You started my day off with a good hoot. Thanks for sharing! Sincerely, Susan from writingstraightfromtheheart.blogspot.com

BECKY said...

Oh this is hilarious!! Sounds like something my kids would say!!
Thanks for the smiles and have a lovely day!!
Blessings,
Becky

Queen Pea said...

too cute!

Tracy said...

Kids do say the funniest things! :)

Honorablyfallen said...

hey , I received my tea yesterday and boy was I excited when I saw it! But then when I opened the bag !!!OOOoooOO how delicious! it made me long.. no not long ACHE for summer. As desert tea or instead of hot cocoa I would totally indulge in Southern Pecan ! My only suggestion would be for my personal taste would be to steep for 3 mins instead of 5 but other than personal steep tweeking its wonderful..thank you so much I will enjoy it by the cups full on the front porch wrapped up in my favorite sweater. ~Sarahlynn

Nancy said...

priceless :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin