Friday, March 25, 2011

American Girl Doll Store, Atlanta



The cherry on top of my weekend away with Mary Ashley and Emma was our much-anticipated trip to the American Girl Doll Store just north of Atlanta in Alpharetta, Ga. I insisted the girls save their birthday money for our trip, knowing they would regret it if they did not have spending money. Believe me, they were thankful for every penny when we stepped inside.

We planned our American Girl Store stop on the way to a ladies day in Greenville, S.C., and I think I was more giddy than the girls when we finally spotted the store sign. (Of course, I was the one who braved Atlanta traffic to get us there. Really, I felt like I had accomplished something navigating through seven lanes of interstate traffic. Whew!) 



Ahhh-dorable!

I really wanted to dine with the girls in the American Girl Bistro, but we were unable to get reservations online. In fact, the whole weekend was booked solid. I told the girls we would put our name on a wait list while we shopped, just in case a spot opened up, and our timing worked out perfectly! We were seated at the counter almost immediately. During our meal, I overheard the hostess telling other families the wait was more than an hour. I was really counting our blessings that we got to have the full American Girl experience! 



Our meal was perfect from start to finish -- with plenty of food leftover to take with us. Mary Ashley enjoyed the fresh fruit plate, cheese pizza and dessert trio; Emma chose the chicken noodle soup, spaghetti and meatballs and cookies and cream sundae. I opted for the fruit, orange salmon and a cookies and cream milkshake. Everything was delicious, but we definitely should have shared one dessert!



Here are Mary Ashley and Emma fulfilling the American (Girl) Dream, ready to shop and eat at the American Girl Doll Store. I hope they will always remember our special trip!

Whose Shabby Apple dress dream is coming true? I must say, I was really tempted to choose this sweetie, who learned how to post comments just so she could enter the giveaway:


the dress is a cute dress.i love the dress.i love yellow flowers.i hope i get the dress.i love the outfit.i hope i win the dress.i love your blog it is cool.

mary ashley lester

Isn't that precious?

The winner of the sunny yellow dress with playful rosettes -- chosen by random number generator -- is Boo. Congratulations, Boo! I hope you will enjoy your new spring dress.

 My sweet girl and I might just have to do a little Shabby Apple dress shopping together today. You can, too, and be sure to use the code "alittleloveliness10off" at checkout to claim your 10 percent discount.
I hope your weekend will be full of sweet surprises!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how sweet is that comment!
I wish there was an american girls store near Europe..I would love to go there when my daugther is a little older, it´s one of those magic things they will never forget! Thanks for sharing these happy memories!
Kind regards, Mariel

Love Being A Nonny said...

This trip will be a dream come true...for ME when I take the grand girls! They are only 16 months and three now but soon.,...very soon!

Oh, and I LOVE that your precious one left that sweet post!

Rach said...

Wow, that trip is a dream come true! I bet they will cherish it for a long time!!

Sue said...

I took my grandchildren, and my daughters, my sister, and my mother-in-law to the American Girl Store in Chicago for lunch a couple of years ago. What a memory! I think I was the one who was the most excited. We have a bistro in Dallas and we started the tradition of taking our granddaughter there for lunch before school each August. It's little girl heaven for sure.
Thanks for sharing your day and reminding me of some special memories.
Sue

Becky Welch said...

How much fun!! I went to the AG store on Fifth Avenue - had fun but not nearly as much fun had LB been with me! Can't wait to take her to Atlanta!!!

Mrs. C... said...

That store is VERY different from the one here in L.A. How funny that they are all different. My daughter chose to go there instead of having a friend bday party. Looks like you had twice the fun, with two girls!

PBKISSES said...

They have just opened a store here in KC. My daughters and I can't wait to go visit. I also wanted to tell you that I used/ "stole" your bubblegum theme idea for my daughters 3rd B-day. We just had a small family party, so I threw it all together in about 3 hours, but our kiddos loved the bubble gum cake, tablecloth and favors! Thanks! I also just noticed that you attended a Ladies Day at the Church of Christ. We attend the Church of Christ here, and host a Ladies Day every Fall. I would love to hear about the one you attended! Maybe I can "steal" another theme idea! Blessings!

booharts said...

Thank you for the Shabby Apple dress. I can't wait to wear it in sunny Florida, Boo

Anonymous said...

Your girls are so cute!

I hope American Girl Organization isn't helping to fund abortions still. I know, about five years ago, this was the case.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Looks and sounds like your American Girl adventure was a success :o)
Love the sweet smiles of your girls!

Blessings & Aloha!
I barely make my one post a week (and the last two weeks have had to be reposts!) and then get around to return visits from my posts and maybe get to stop by to some blogs that I hadnt visited in a while!

So...just wanted to stop by and say hello!

Blessings & Aloha!
&Congratulations on the winner :o)

Julie said...

What a great time with your girls.
My daughter is 19 and we just went to our first American Girl Doll Store in Chicago last fall. We were in town for a football game with the family but couldn't pass up the opportunity to go there. It didn't dissapoint!

LeeAnne said...

It looks like such a fun day! I love going to the AG store/bistro with Maggie; to be honest, I'm not sure who enjoys it more! :) She received Bitty Baby the Christmas she was 3, and she just got her first "big" American Girl doll for her 6th birthday. Glad you guys had a great trip!

LeeAnne said...

Oh, and I just realized that Mary Ashley and Maggie have matching smiles - they are both missing those two front teeth! Precious!

Kristina said...

What fun, fun, fun! My daughter is only three, but I'm already looking forward to trips like this with her! Love American Girl! =)
Kristina J.

Meredith said...

I want to eat there too! I don't think I have a bistro like that anywhere near me. Your girls are so cute!

Ivânia Santos (Diamond) said...

Delicious the first pic!
Niceee blog :D


xoxo,
Ivânia Diamond*

Portuguese fashion blogger

Val said...

Looks like a great time...My girls love that store.

soknitpicky said...

I'm delurking to thank you for your post! We took a trip to Atlanta recently, and I added this to our itinerary thanks to you. My girls had a great time.

Happy Easter!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin