Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Grandmother by Any Other Name ...





... would still be as sweet.


Whether she is called Grandmother, Abuela, Grand-mere or Nonna, her name is spoken with reverent affection. For as Marcy DeMaree observed, "Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day and now the day was complete."









The photos above show the floral arrangement I put together for my grandmother this week -- 80 roses for a milestone birthday. See yesterday's post for the details. I am thankful for grandmothers the world over who bless our lives with unhurried attention, wisdom and cookies. And I am especially grateful for the grandmothers that God gave me.



"A child needs a grandparent, anybody's grandparent, to grow a little more securely into an unfamiliar world." ~ Charles and Ann Morse



Blog Widget by LinkWithin