Monday, June 4, 2012

Remembering the Kindergarten Graduate

I don't usually buy school pictures, but one pose I ordered for our older three children was a kindergarten cap and gown photo. Somehow I missed this opportunity during Emma's kindergarten year, so we used Carson's old cap and gown for a little graduation photo shoot of our own. And it turns out I love the poses I got so much more than the school pictures I ordered for the older three. Here is my favorite shot of our final kindergarten graduate.

Emma Lawrence Lester, Kindergarten 2011-12
Wetumpka Elementary School 

I wanted to capture photos of our kindergarten graduate so we could continue a family tradition.

I framed a photo of each little graduate and had them sign the mat with a permanent marker. I treasure each one's little signature, as well as their smiling faces in cap and gown.


Of course, with Emma, to get a little serious you will have to get a lot of silly. But I wouldn't have it any other way! Here are a few of my favorites from our graduation shoot.


Oh, how I love that girl!

Joe and I can hardly believe all four of our children have graduated kindergarten. Having four children within six years, for a long time it seemed we would always have preschoolers. But how fast they grow!

Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!

You're off and away!”
~ Dr. Seuss
Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Even though they won't stay little, I will always keep a little part of my kindergarten graduates in my heart.

“You're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So ... get on your way!”
~ Dr. Seuss 


Anonymous said...

You made me cry! I feel like the days are endless with my little ones, but after seeing how quickly it took for my eldest to be almost as tall as I, I know that it's just a blink of an eye! ENJOY your precious daughter; she's such a cutie!

Rach said...

Congrats Emma!

Ella said...

Your Daughter is adorable! You have the most beautiful children.
Also, I wanted to thank you for your directions on making pillowcase dresses. I used them to sew dresses for my sisters ages 5 & 7, plus a bubble for the baby. They came out adorable and I got so many compliments(especially on the monograms).

Melissa Lester said...

Ella, I am so glad the dresses turned out so well! It sounds like the three children coordinated beautifully.

My name is Darlene Payan said...

It's a great day, for sure! The pictures are special to have and then all too soon they are grown-up. I love how she just threw that hat in the air just like a graduate should. Congratulations little graduate! Off to a great start!


Julie W. said...

I know you and your children only through this blog but this post brought me to tears. The sweetness of kindergarteners is fleeting and Emma is just precious. I love all of your ideas and also watching the girls grow up.

Anonymous said... - Learn how to turn $500 into $5,000 in a month!

[url=]Make Money Online[/url] - The Secret Reveled with Binary Option

Binary Options is the way to [url=]make money[/url] securely online

Blog Widget by LinkWithin