Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Heirloom Garden Variety



I have been eager to take a stroll through Jasmine Hill Gardens to photograph Mary Ashley in the heirloom dress I made for her this spring. I made this variation of the Bijoux in a class taught by Carol Harris at Beth's Heirloom Sewing in Wetumpka. Because we chose heavier fabrics than batiste, we did not need to make a slip for this dress. I worried that the thicker fabric might make the dress less fluid, but as you can see it moves beautifully. I am so pleased with the results! Here are a few more images from our garden stroll.










































"In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there.  To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe.  I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels."  ~Dodinsky

8 comments:

Karen said...

Your gorgeous daughter looks absolutely beautiful in the lovely dress you made for her! The setting for the photographs couldn't be more perfect for photographing the innocence of a beautiful child in such a timeless heirloom. You will treasure these photos forever!

Valerie said...

Stunning! Your photography, sewing, and mothering skills are amazing! :)

Ella said...

Beautiful!
I could look at your photographs for hours. Mary Ashley poses so nicely for you. She must feel so good that you put so much into her dress.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Beee-u-tiful photos. Oh my!

It's been such a long while since I've been to visit.... saw your link on someone's sidebar and was reminded to stop in.

Sure glad I did!

Wishing you glimpses of heaven....

Tammy Partin Spangler said...

That is an absolutely gorgeous dress! The pictures are truly amazing! I'm your newest follower!

Nancy said...

Stunning, Melissa. I'll be ending my post today with a link to this. Everyone needs to end the day with a calmness and peace. These photos should do it. May God continue to richly bless you and yours for you bless so many. love, Nancy

Rach said...

Pure beauty!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! The dress is just beautful and Mary-Ashley is the perfect person to wear such a dress. Beautiful gardens too..

Mariel

Blog Widget by LinkWithin