Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Heirloom Garden Variety



I have been eager to take a stroll through Jasmine Hill Gardens to photograph Mary Ashley in the heirloom dress I made for her this spring. I made this variation of the Bijoux in a class taught by Carol Harris at Beth's Heirloom Sewing in Wetumpka. Because we chose heavier fabrics than batiste, we did not need to make a slip for this dress. I worried that the thicker fabric might make the dress less fluid, but as you can see it moves beautifully. I am so pleased with the results! Here are a few more images from our garden stroll.










































"In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there.  To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe.  I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels."  ~Dodinsky
Blog Widget by LinkWithin