Thursday, June 5, 2008

Belly Laughs

Viewing this post, you may wonder if these photos tell the unfortunate story of childhood obesity. Or is this yet another tragic case of babies having babies? No, I'm afraid this is a sad tale of parental neglect.



My curiosity grew right along with Emma's stomach today. During our afternoon swim, it seemed that she was bigger every time I looked at her. After a couple of hours in the pool, she waddled around the pool area for a while before settling on the top step of the pool. There she was content to recline on the steps holding her swollen belly.



Finally, I peaked down her bathing suit to see what had her so bloated, and I was shocked at what I found. It looked like her swimsuit was full of ice chips. No, wait, it was the stuffing from the Pull-Up she was wearing before we went out to the pool.



I think there are two lessons we can learn here. First, if you love your toddler, don't let her swim in Pull-Ups. And second, if you run into me at the grocery store, please remind me to buy more swim diapers!


Blog Widget by LinkWithin