Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Prince

bouquet1

I wrote this poem for Joe during our courtship, and my sister read it to loved ones 14 years ago today -- right before the doors opened and I went down the aisle to meet my prince.


Fairy Tale Dreams

"Someday soon my prince will come," she said sipping invisible tea.

"With his strength, courage and bravery, he will rescue me."

Her guests, Teddy and Little Bo Peep, listened silently.

They didn't have to say a word; she knew that they believed.

"He is searching the world to find me, fighting dragons along the way,

"And when I grow up he will make me his princess and take me far away

"On a great white horse to his castle, filled with love and laughter;

"And there we will spend the rest of our lives -- happily ever after ... ."


The little girl grew up as little girls always do.

Her dolls and tea set were packed away -- her little girl dreams were, too.

Her handsome prince was tucked away --a forgotten childhood memory.

The castle soon faded from her thoughts -- replaced by reality.

Then the sweetest, gentlest kiss, and she knew that it was he --

The prince that she had been waiting for in her childhood fantasies.

"Where have you been?" she whispered, as he wiped away her tears.

"I'd almost given up on you, it's been so many years."

Without a word he swept her up as she had known her prince would do --

"To live, to love forever after -- a little girl's dream come true."


Happy Anniversary, Joe Prince!


"Nevertheless let each individual among you also love his own wife even as himself; and let the wife see to it that she respect her husband" (Ephesians 5:33 NASB).

Blog Widget by LinkWithin