Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Easy Summer Supper

Our gardenias have been beautiful and fragrant this week.

With Joe's schedule of travel and weeknight classes, I have been all about quick and easy supper solutions this summer. Don't get me wrong. When it's just me and the children, we certainly have our share of fish sticks and party pizzas. But after a few nights of supper that came out of a box, all of us crave something a little more nutritious. We want a meal that packs a flavorful punch, but I don't want to spend all night in the kitchen when there is so much more to enjoy outside.

I am always looking for simple weeknight supper solutions, so I would love to know what's for dinner at your house if you have an easy recipe to share.

You'll find this easy Pecan Chicken on the menu often at our house. Simple yet flavorful, this recipe has become a weeknight staple. Dredge four chicken breasts in a mixture of 2 tablespoons Grey Poupon Country Dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons honey and 1 tablespoon mayonnaise. Place chicken in a square baking dish and top with any remaining sauce. Sprinkle with chopped pecans, and bake at 375 for 35 minutes. We enjoy this dish often with green beans and rolls, but this week a simple salad rounded out our meal.

And before we knew it we were back outside enjoying the gardenias!




Simple yet flavorful Pecan Chicken is a go-to meal at our house.




6 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

Hi,

I stopped eating any kind of meat of fish about 2 years ago but I have to say this chicken dinner you made looks wonderful.

Joanne

Nancy Hood said...

Yum!!! Chicken is my favorite meat, were it not for that I could be a veggie real easy :) I would also like the recipe for that delish looking salad, Melissa!

Katy Lin :) said...

looks delicious! btw, i gave you a blog award, stop by my blog to read all about it! :)

Melanie said...

Can I come for dinner? :) That looks yummy!
One of our favorites is wheat penne pasta, tossed in olive oil and garlic with grape tomatoes and fresh basil. Add a little grilled chicken for extra protein! Other than that...anything with Cherry Republic's cherry barbeque sauce is a must have in our house. The girls will even eat salmon if it has a dash!

By the way...your gardenias are beautiful!

Becky Welch said...

Yum!!! I am going to have to file this recipe away!

Laura said...

One of my family's favorite entrees is a simple Sundried Tomato Chicken. I put a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil in my skillet and heat it. I use Kraft Sundried Tomato Dressing to marinate my chicken pieces for 15 minutes or so. After placing them into the hot oil, I sprinkle them with a little basil and rosemary to taste then cook until they are golden brown. Simple, easy, and delicious and they are so easily complimented by most any fruit or veggie to round out your meal.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin