Friday, June 6, 2008

Sharing the Love




Thanks to new blogging friend Katy Lin for giving me an Arte Y Pico award. I'm so flattered and glad to know that someone enjoys visiting me here! This sweet newlywed has such enthusiasm for life and marriage. It is a delight to visit her blog, and I look forward to seeing more as she and her husband renovate their Victorian home. The rules for accepting this award are:

1. Choose 5 blogs you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material and contribution to the blogging community, regardless of the language.

2. Each award has to have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.

3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that presented him/her with the award.

4. The award winner and the one who has given the award have to show the Arte Y Pico blog so everyone will know the origin of this award.

5. Show these rules.


I consider myself so blessed to be part of the blogging community and could give this award to so many blogs I enjoy. But as I considered how blogging has widened my circle of friends, I decided to pass this award on to these five special ladies.

1. My first award would have to go to my dear friend from church Allison. Her photography is so beautiful! I read her blog faithfully for a long time before starting my own. Always an encourager, she talked me through the process of starting one and has been so sweet to answer my questions about blogging and photography. Her witty, fun-loving nature and love for motherhood really come through on her blog. And I'm always so thrilled to pop over and discover that she has posted new photos!


2. Next, I would highlight Kristi's blog. Kristi is also a friend from church, but I feel like I have gotten to know her family so much better through reading her blog. As a veterinarian and mommy of two, she has such funny stories to share. And I always hear her cheerful voice and zest for life when I read her posts!


3. Nancy is a friend of friends, and although we have never met in person, I now consider her my friend too. I enjoy the daily encouragement I find on her blog, and appreciate how she shares that encouragement on others' blogs in her sweet comments.


4. This next one sounds complicated. I have seen my sister, Jennifer's, sister-in-law Michele's sister, Jennifer, on several occasions through the years. Jennifer and Michele have always said they thought we would be good friends if we lived closer, and I have really enjoyed getting to know her through her blog. Now I call her my Jennifer-once-removed. This homeschooling mom of five has a lot of wisdom about raising children, but she always presents her ideas with humility and kindness.


5. And Melanie is a dear friend whom I've never met. We met in the blog world and share so many common interests. Her blog is a lovely, romantic and inspiring place to visit. Melanie has faced so many challenges on the road of motherhood, but you can tell that the trials she has faced make her savor sweet moments with her beautiful daughters all the more.


So thank you, ladies, for letting me be part of your life through your blogs!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin