Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Off to Vote

As our nation goes to the polls today to exercise our privilege to vote, it is comforting to realize that our ultimate ruler is God.

Psalm 47:1-9

"O Clap your hands, all peoples; shout to God with the voice of joy. For the LORD Most High is to be feared, a great King over all the earth. He subdues peoples under us, and nations under our feet. He chooses our inheritance for us, the glory of Jacob whom He loves. Selah.

"God has ascended with a shout, the LORD, with the sound of a trumpet. Sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises. For God is the King of all the earth; sing praises with a skillful psalm. God reigns over the nations, God sits on His holy throne. The princes of the people have assembled themselves as the people of the God of Abraham; for the shields of the earth belong to God; He is highly exalted."

Patriotic cupcakes increased the children's enthusiasm for today's election, and prayers for our country reminded us that we are "one nation under God."


14 comments:

Home School Dawn said...

Thank you for posting encouraging words and for pointing to the Lord today. I am praying for a favorable outcome, that God would place a man who stands for righteousness in the office of President. But, I praise the Lord that he is the King of Kings and reigns over all. May His will be accomplished on earth as in heaven.

pink green & southern said...

Thank you for posting from the Word today. This nation needs it so and it made me smile.

P.S. I have that plate!

sweeter and the bubbas said...

You are so RIGHT! NO matter what happens today, and I'm afraid it's not going to be good...God is in control!!

Are you coming tonight???

Carly Winborne said...

I take comfort in the fact that no matter the outcome today, Jesus is still Jesus. He still is in control, no matter who leads our country.

I love that plate. I need that plate. I think it needs a partner that says, "A Happy Mother Makes A Good Home."

Makes me think of a quote from the May 2005 Real Simple magazine (my little girl's birthday month) - "There is no way to be a perfect mother but a million ways to be a good one." I remind myself of that often.

Happy Election Day!

Anonymous said...

My children were singing from Veggie Tales, "God is bigger than the Boogie Man, He's bigger than Obama or the Monsters on TV! Ooops, have we been too vocal around our house? ;D I hope all they picked up on, is that God is bigger than even the President of the U.S. and He will reign supreme no matter who is in office. God Bless America and God be with us today.

Laura McCann

Leah said...

Great post Melissa...I'm wishing I had one of those cupcakes with my coffee too!! :)

Christa said...

Thanks, I needed that! (I'll take a cupcake too!)

Tina Foster said...

Thank you so much, Melissa, for the encouragement today. I'm staying away from the TV and spending more time in prayer that more and more, people will look to God for every answer. Trust is not easy, but it's the only way to true freedom! God's richest blessings to you and your's today.

The Quintessential Magpie (Sheila) said...

Melissa, I want one of those cupcakes! I voted; does that count? ;-)

I'm praying and will continue to pray after the dust of the election settles.

God bless America!

XO,

Sheila

Miss Janice said...

Amen and thank you for those comforting words. I am a nervous wreck about tonight and don't think I can even watch it! By the way, your blog is beautiful!

Me said...

He has always, and will always, be in control. That comforts me, along with your tasty pic of some goodies I wish I felt good enough to eat!

Betsy said...

Man, do you have a cupcake for every occasion!!!!??
(:

tales from an O.C. cottage said...

As long as we remain under God, we
are ok!

M ^..^

Joanne Kennedy said...

As the news broke of our new Leader on TV I told my sister that as sad as we may be right now God has everything in His control and that He knows what He is doing. So have faith that no matter what things will turn out ok for us.

We also need to remember that it's only for 4-8 years and not a lifetime.

Hugs,
Joanne

Blog Widget by LinkWithin