Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Road to the White House

With the presidential race foremost in our thoughts yesterday, I asked the children what they would plan to do if they become president one day. Here are the campaign promises of these future leaders.

Carson, age 9, would eliminate all taxes. When I asked him how he would pay for projects like repairing and building roads, he said when businesses pay their bills for utilities they would also pay a bill to the government. (He's talking like a politician already!)

Christian, age 6, said that everything that now costs dollars would just cost cents. He sold his plan, offering, "Mom, even you would be rich!"

Mary Ashley, age 4, said she would grow a garden. The children and I debated the merits of a flower garden over a vegetable garden, and Carson said she should definitely grow vegetables so we wouldn't have to buy as much food.

Emma, age 2, said, "No green. Blue." And generously willing to share her favorite color, said there would be "ornge" for everyone.


17 comments:

pink green & southern said...

Precious words from precious children!

P.S. You take GREAT pictures!

Sandy Toes said...

Those outfits are so cute....I love Carson's ideas!
-sandy toes

Jen - Balancing beauty and bedlam said...

Those are great to have written down. Especially when Carson is making his way to the White House.

The Quintessential Magpie (Sheila) said...

Thank you, Melissa.

I think I will cast my vote for Carson. To wit, "Carson, age 9, would eliminate all taxes." Even if he promised an across-the-board 10%, I'd take it!

Your children as precious as usual, and such cute hairbows, clothes, and smiles. Good answers, too. I'd actually use the others in his cabinet! :-)

XO,

Sheila

Jennifer P. said...

I think kids "get it" more than we give them credit! In those sweet sentiments, I saw "less taxes" and "self-sufficiency" . Pretty wise kiddos!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Too cute and smart to boot!!!!!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!

Joanne Kennedy said...

How cute. While I love the answers I really love that you took the time to sit down and talk to your children about what they would do. I love how you spend so much great time with your kids.

Sure would be nice if all parents were like that.

Your children are really blessed to have such a great mommy.

Hugs,
Joanne

Kristen said...

I think Carson had the right ideas. Also, I love those outfits that Emma and Mary Ashley have on. Are they Castles and Crowns?

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

you know...there's something to that garden thing. In my brainless TV moments and my attempt at finding creative organizational ideas, I've been watching these 'amazing families' shows - 17 & Counting grew a garden to save on food costs (since their montly grocery budget is $2000 and they shop at Aldi's, I think I would grow a garden, too!)

Miss Janice said...

They look so sweet!
Miss Janice

Meredith Teagarden said...

In see although they are all gorgeous they are running for a position of academia. They get my vote!

Laura said...

What a great idea! Remind me to do this for Alise...hmm...may NEXT election time...in 2012. That sounds so far away, doesn't it?

Chitown Meg said...

Your blog is so beautiful!!!

Robin said...

Very Cute and original! God Bless!

~~Deby said...

oh these are sweet...
Deby

Debbie said...

I love it! Both my kids really got into the election this year. The first thing my daughter said when she found out Obama won was, "OH great, now we are going to pay more taxes!" My husband and I never discussed that with her...I found out later that my Mom had been giving her an earful on who believed in what. And the tax thing was my daughter's take away from the conversation. So funny.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin