Thursday, May 29, 2008

Tea at the Windsor Court

One of my favorite things to do when Joe and I travel is to have tea, and I especially love visiting tea rooms I have read about. So when Joe and I visited New Orleans last week, I was thrilled to go to tea at the Windsor Court Hotel. The Windsor Court was featured in TeaTime Magazine's book The Tea Experience, so I took the book with me. When I visit a featured tea room, I like to have people at the tea room sign their page. So on this visit the Windsor Court page was signed by the Louisiana Philharmonic harpist who has played to hotel guests for more than 20 years. It was a lovely afternoon!

Afternoon tea is served at 2 and 4:30 behind these doors.



Flowering jasmine was my tea of choice on this visit.



Strawberry cream puff swans, chocolate dipped strawberries, fruit tarts and assorted truffles gave a sweet finish to our afternoon tea experience.



Joe and I found this plush gathering spot when we wandered through the hotel.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin